1. Join the Mud Bogging Community

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2008 F150 2" leveling kit ? (damage)

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by slippin, Aug 23, 2010.

1. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    I was told today by Ford that my lil 2" spacer caused major damaged to my front end. I just wanted to see what you guys think. They said due to the extreme angle that the spacer put on the truck and the stress it caused the RF ball joint to be destroyed, RF axle and axle seal, as well as the bushing for the front axle tube. Does this sound right?

I cant imagine a spacer lift doing all this to the truck.
  2. AWAYNE

AWAYNE Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    Doesn't sound right at all.
  3. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    can you shed some light or give me anything to try to fight this with ford so that warranty will cover it
  4. JD@CFDP

JD@CFDP Member

Credit:
    $0.00
  5. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    it looks fine to me. the angle is a little worse than normal. I havnt fixed it yet. The mechanic said that the axle housing was moving with out much force and that the bushing was shot.
  6. AWAYNE

AWAYNE Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    What did they mean by extreme angle it put on the truck?
  7. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    the axle shaft angle.
  8. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    I mean how would this cause the axle tub bushing to be so bad that the housing will move with little force.
  9. MossyOakMudSlinger

MossyOakMudSlinger Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    well its out of warranty either way if the trucks been lifted or modified ..... BUT .... 2" .... aint gonna that much bs to go wrong ... i wld look up ford recalls or damage reports for your model truck .... and see what you can find that way ....
  10. AWAYNE

AWAYNE Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    A leveling kit would not affect the axle shaft angle in any way. That is BS.

Not exactly, they have to prove that they aftermarket part caused the problem.
  11. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    were can I find this info to back it up?
  12. AWAYNE

AWAYNE Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    Your gonna have to google it, I don't remember the link. You just have to look for the magnusen-moss (or whatever it is) warranty guidelines or whatever. I have read it so I know its out there.
  13. phillsl

phillsl Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    it's really at the dealers discretion, some dealers will let you slide with aftermarket parts, others wont. and these days with the way the economy is, they are trying to save every buck they can, so you might have to un-install the leveling kit, put the stock rims an tires back on it, and then take it to another dealer, and hope they dont cross reference it.
  14. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    So I have been talking to ford and they said they can only assume that the problem was from the leveling kit. I asked if they could prove it and they said no. I mentioned Magnuson and Moss Act and he was speechless.

I also told him that I know of multiple trucks that have had this problem without lift kits and some with lift kits. There is no way to prove it and he siad that I was right but thats what they were sticking too.

So I contacted Ford Corporate and forwarded all of my messages and asked them to provide me with a letter from the dealership that states without a doubt 100% the damage is caused by the leveling kit. I still have not heard back from them.
  15. TheTinian

TheTinian Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    you should of just taken it out before you took it in...
  16. flatbedfred

flatbedfred New Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    take it to another dealer.
  17. AWAYNE

AWAYNE Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    :oops: I thought you were talking about an F-250, not F-150.

Either way, my previous statement still stands, unless they can prove thats what caused it, then they have to warranty it. But the leveling kit would increase the angle of the axle shaft. Sorry for the misleading info, I misunderstood the original post 8)
  18. slippin

slippin Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    What solid axle are people putting under the 2004-08 F150's?

D44
  19. flatbedfred

flatbedfred New Member

Credit:
    $0.00
  20. AWAYNE

AWAYNE Active Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    Never seen or heard of that

Super Duty axles. Allows you to still use the ABS and VSS or whatever its called.