1. Join the Mud Bogging Community

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

2.5 ton face loader, m211 axles?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Hitman, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Hitman

Hitman New Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    I am building a mud truck with a 6.0 vortec, turbo 350 tranny, and 42 inch tsl's, and i am wanting to keep the rig setting low to the ground, pretty much so i can get stupid in it and not roll as easy, any ways i had seen these 2.5 ton face loaders around before but never really looked into them untill now. I have always just ran top loaders. But on this perticular rig the top loader will not clear. SO im thnking about going with the face loader. But i have read that the front axle is reverse cut and to keep it pasenger drop and make it turn the proper way you have to flip the chunk, which causes one axle to be a hair to long and one be a little to short, but from what i have read you can just trim the long side and it will work. Has any one ever done this? if so how did they hold up? and do you have pictures? BTW the reason of not just doing a 60 and 12 bolt is because A. these axles are super cheap, B. they already have 6.17 gears, and C. THESE AXLES ARE REALLY CHEAP LOL any help would be much appreciated! thanks
  2. Hitman

Hitman New Member

Credit:
    $0.00
    found what i was looking for, apperently they are the gm 2.5 tons and there are a few post about them on here.